Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

father's day 2020: importance, history, celebration, quotes

father's day
father's day 2020

father's day celebrated as the honour of the father's sacrifices to his family as well as his child. fathers transfer their joy into their children and most of the fathers steal their life and give to his children in the form of smile and happiness.

sacrifice a big word but in my eye, it fades in front of my father because I learned the actual meaning of this word when I observed my father cut his need and transfer into me for the fulfilment of mine. so there is a lot of good things of a father and I can't mention one by one because there is uncountable for the goodwill to his child.
father's day

While some people exchange cards, flowers and gifts, some prefer to lunch or dine out and spend the day with their fathers. some are away and far from their father. I don't know in which category in you are but keep enjoy it.  However, the celebrations will be different this year owing to the pandemic of COVID-19. But let that not stop you from making it a special day for your father.

father's day celebrations

father's day around the world observed every year on the third Sunday of June. this time it falls on 21 June, yes is it father's day today. the day is celebrated to appreciate the role played by fathers and father figures.
father's day


fathers day around the world celebrated on different dates but most of the country celebrates in the third Sunday of June around 111+ countries. like the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, and a number of other countries around the world.

father's day

father's day international like in Various countries celebrate this holiday at different times of the year. In Australia, for example, Father’s Day observed by Europe on the first Sunday of September; in Norway, Sweden, and Finland, on the second Sunday in November; and in some Catholic countries, on March 19 (St. Joseph’s Day).

father's day Europe's some other country like In Spain, Italy and Portugal, it is celebrated on 19 March, which is the Feast of St. Joseph who is the patron saint of fathers.

History

father's day in Europe

father's day

European countries celebrate Father’s Day on St Joseph’s Day to recognise the special role of the male parent. Father's Day is a day of honouring fatherhood and parental bonds, as well as the importance of fathers in society. In Catholic countries of Europe, it has been celebrated on March 19 as Saint Joseph's Day since the Middle Ages.

father's day USA

Father's Day was not celebrated in the United States, outside Catholic cultures, until the 20th century. Since a civic celebration in the US, it was originated in the early 20th century to complement Mother's Day by celebrating fathers and male parenting for his child.

father's day


It is said that it was started by an American woman, who was raised by her father. Sonora Smart Dodd, who was born in Sebastian County, Arkansas in 1982, lost her mother when she was just 16 years old. then after her father, William Smart, who raised her and her five brothers.


father's day

The first known Father’s Day service occurred in Fairmont, West Virginia, on July 5, 1908, after hundreds of men died in the worst mining accident in U.S. history. The Sunday service happened because of the efforts of Grace Golden Clayton, the daughter of a dedicated reverend. (from Almanac.com)

father's day

While missing her own dad, who had died in 1896, Mrs Clayton wanted to honour the many fathers who had died in the mining explosion, which killed more than 360 men and boys and left about 1,000 children fatherless. Although the Fairmont service was the first known to honour fathers, it did not turn into an annual event, nor was the idea promoted (a large July 4 celebration in Fairmont and a tragic young death from typhoid fever took over the news at the time). (This text is taken from Almanac.com)

some quotes

father's day

"I have learned everything required to live a good life from you! Thank you for always being there dad!" Happy Father’s Day!

father's day

"The older I get, the more I realize how many sacrifices you made to make my life better! I can never thank you enough for everything you have done for me! I love you, papa." Happy Father’s Day!

father's day

"F-fantastic, A-awesome, T-terrific, H-honorable, E-excellent, R-remarkable This sums up my dad"...Happy Father's Day to all

father's day

"Any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad."

father's day

"I've said it before, but it's absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see the future."- Liza Minnelli

father's day

"Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that's why I call you dad because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right."- Wade Boggs

father's day

"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection."- Sigmund Freud 
father's day

Post a Comment

0 Comments